Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sci Fi, Future Fiction, & Dystopian Fiction

The genre that I'm highlighting this month is: Science Fiction, Future Fiction, and Dystopian Fiction. I clump all of these books together they all deal with societal fears and what life might be like if we aren't careful. It's always a good idea to start off a new year by looking at dystopian fiction, right? =) I was going to break these down into the subcategories, but found it got kind of difficult to put some of these books into just one of the subcategories. I haven't always been big into sci fi, but I think I've found a new love in literature! And I think this is one genre that is really on the rise in pop culture.

Science Fiction/Future Fiction/Dystopian Fiction

Midnighters series-S. Westerfeld
Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

Hidden Talents-D. Lubar
The Illustrated Man-R. Bradbury
Uglies-S. Westerfeld
Pretties-S. Westerfeld
Specials-S. Westerfeld
Extras-S. Westerfeld

The Host-S. Meyer
The Last Book in the Universe-R. Philbrick
The Death Collector-J. Richards
The Shadow Children series (Among the Hidden)-M.P. Haddix
The City of Ember-J. DuPrau
Tunnels-R. Gordon & B. Williams
Everlost-N. Shusterman
The Supernaturalist-E. Colfer
Barcode Rebellion-S. Weyn
Turnabout-M Haddix
Door to Time-U. Moore
Chasing Yesterday-R. Wasserman
The Time Hackers-G. Paulsen

The Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins
Found-Margaret Peterson Haddix
Unwind-Neal Shusterman

Remember:
Italics means I haven't read it yet, underlined means it is a series. And remember that this is not a complete list but a work in progress!

No comments:

Funny things students say/do:

  • A Pronoun is a noun who has lost his amateur status.
  • Did we do anything yesterday when I was gone?